Posts Tagged ‘Spa Week’
Have a few minutes to spare? Click here to check out the music video, “I Get Naked at the Spa: The Musical,” presented by Spa Week. The video, which was written and performed by rock comedian Brian Smith, was created to answer frequently asked spa etiquette questions in a humorous way. The release of the video coincides with Spa Week, which is currently taking place on the West Coast and Chicago until September 19th and on the East Coast, Midwest, and Toronto Oct. 11-17.
For years, I have been a huge fan of Spa Week, the event where spas across the country offer some of their most exclusive services for the discounted price of $50 during the designated week. This year, Spa Week will take place Sept. 13-19th on the West Coast and Oct. 11-17 throughout the rest of the country. To prepare potential spa-goers for the event, executives at Spa Week have compiled a list of the top 12 spa treatment trends for the fall:
1. FIGHTING ALLERGIES: Sinus massages, breathe-easy facials, and other treatments featuring eucalyptus, humidifiers, and lymphatic drainage techniques are a just few of the services being offered to help clients suffering from allergies.
2. BIKINI GLAMOUR: Post-Brazilian waxing rituals are taking center stage, such as vajazzling, vattooing, and airbrush painting.
3. SLEEPING AND DREAMING: Services designed to promote a good night’s sleep, such as stress solution facials, private yoga sessions, and meditation are becoming hugely popular.
4. LASH EXTENSIONS: Techniques that promote eyelash thickness, length, volume, and color are high on the priority list of spa-goers this fall.
5. INSTANT INCH LOSS: Colon hydrotherapy, Ionothermie, and other treatments that give immediate weigh-loss results will be in high demand.
6. REIKI AND ENERGY WORK: The demand for holistic healing and energy work that deliver health benefits ranging from spiritual growth to injury recovery are on the rise.
7. ACUPUNCTURE: For both the face and the body, this technique is recommended for the treatment of more than 40 conditions ranging from anxiety to pain by the World Health Organization.
8. BOTOX ON-THE-GO: Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines hassle-free is at the forefront of many spa-goers’ beauty lists.
9. HOT AND COLD STONE MASSAGES: Instead of using only hot stones for a massage, the application of cold stones will be a popular request, adding multi-dimensional stimulation.
10. CHAMPISSAGE: Also know as Indian Head Massage, this technique is now being interpreted as a custom ritual at many spas.
11. EVERYTHING SEAWEED: Treatments incorporating seaweed and seawater to detoxify the body, eliminate excess fluids, and increase blood circulation will be in more demand than ever.
12. SIMPLY OXYGEN: Spa-goers will be looking for more treatments, such as oxygen facials, that incorporate this life-sustaining molecule.
To find out a complete list of participating spas, visit www.spaweek.com.
Two of the biggest names in our business, ISPA and Spa Week, have teamed up. To kick off the New Year and the 12th installation of the spring and fall Spa Week Events, Spa Week Media Group will recognize ISPA as the exclusive spa association sponsor of the 2010 Events which take place in Arizona, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Florida, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto (Canada), Virginia Beach, and Washington D.C.
“The spa lifestyle is accessible to everyone,” says ISPA president Lynne McNees. “Through our partnership with Spa Week Media Group, we’ll be able to reach many potential spa-goers and inform them that the spa is the place to go to educate yourself on how to lead a more healthful and balanced life.”
“The joining together of Spa Week Media Group and ISPA brings together for the first time the two most significant players in the spa industry,” says Spa Week Media Group CEO and president Cheryl Reid. “This historic alliance between our companies will further our mutual goal to spread the wellness lifestyle to the masses.”
Through this partnership, Spa Week and ISPA promise to provide further marketing, networking, and educational opportunities to the spas they serve while promoting the value of the spa experience to consumers nationwide. I look forward to seeing the results!
Experience the luxe life at a fraction of the cost by experiencing Spa Week’s amazing $50 treatments. Being held at participating spas during October 12-18, this bi-annual event is taking place in the following cities: Austin, TX; Boston; Dallas/Fort Worth; Denver; Detroit; Houston; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; San Antonio; Toronto; Virginia Beach, VA; and Washington, D.C. Spa Week deals can also be found throughout Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina. To learn more about making appointments, click here. Also, if you would like to remind your friends to take advantage of these great deals, feel free to send them a playful e-card courtesy of Spa Week.