Posts Tagged ‘ritz-carlton’
Expecting Moms Can Also Expect the Royal Treatment at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun With the Help of Mama Mio
We all hear about the positive side of pregnancy, such as the famous glow, but it is also a physically challenging time for a woman’s body as she goes through all sorts of changes. Luckily, expecting women can get all the comfort they need thanks to the Mama Mio Mama’s Touch menu at Kayanta Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun. Created especially for women in their second and third trimesters and using products from Mama Mio, the treatments include:
• Mellow Mama ($145, 50 minutes), a full-body prenatal massage to help relax muscles and increase circulation
• Lighten Up ($85, 25 minutes), a mineral-rich treatment that includes a foot soak and a lower leg and hand massage to help relieve water retention
• The Smoothie ($185, 80 minutes), a gentle exfoliating treatment, along with a moisturizing massage to hydrate and elasticize the skin
• Free Your Mind ($85, 25 minutes), a gentle face and head massage to help release cranial and jaw tension, as well as a deep neck and shoulder massage
• The Yummy Tummy ($155, 50 minutes), a service that includes the application of a concentrated serum and deep treatment mask on the stomach, as well as upper back, neck, and head massage.
Every year, my New Year’s resolution involves some form of trying to live a healthier lifestyle, whether it be exercising more or trying to eat better. This year, I am going to take the advice of Samantha Malone-Telesford, spa director at the newly opened
Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dove Mountain in Marana, AZ. In a recent email I received, Malone-Telesford lists 10 tips for nourishing the spirit through spa-ing. Maybe they will inspire you to set aside some time in your busy schedule in the new year for relaxation, as well.
1. Take a moment each day just for you, wherever you may be.
2. Select a destination spa to visit so you can immerse in total relaxation.
3. Seek indigenous ingredients and products for the ultimate spa immersion.
4. Remember that spa-ing is a complete experience, not just a single treatment.
5. Leave ample time to take a nap after (or even during) a spa experience.
6. Try a spa treatment sampler menu for something new and different.
7. Enhance your relationship with your partner by sharing the spa experience.
8. Surrender to the experience, whether it is 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or longer.
9. Make a promise to yourself to continue the spa experience by developing your own ritual for rejuvenation and stick to it at home and on the road.
10. Keep in mind that wellness is an investment that guarantees great returns…you have nothing to lose but your stress, aches, and pains.
Although I have never been a big fan of sweets, the smell of hot chocolate brewing or gingerbread baking conjures up memories from when I was a little girl eagerly waiting for Santa to deliver my toys. Now, thanks to the Holiday Indulgence menu at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Denver, guests can find their own joy in these delectable scents. Available through January 31st, the seasonal menu includes the following sweet treats guaranteed to get any spa-goer in the holiday spirit:
• Gingerbread Cookie Scrub ($100, 45 minutes) This treatment includes an exfoliation with a brown sugar, ginger, and nutmeg scrub that contains the aromas of cinnamon and vanilla to stimulate the senses while smoothing the skin. Guests then rinse off under a Vichy shower before an application of Holiday Spice Body Cream is applied.
• Peppermint Bliss Massage ($125, 65 minutes) More than just a basic massage, this is a deeply therapeutic treatment customized with peppermint aromatherapy.
• Pear-Fig Polishing Facial ($95, 50 minutes; $135 80 minutes) This fruit enzyme-exfoliating facial begins with a cleansing and exfoliation, followed by a face, neck, shoulder, and décolleté massage. A customized mask is then applied, prior to the application of moisturizer.
• Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi ($150, 90 minutes) Hands and feet get quite the treat, beginning with a nail shaping and buffing, an exfoliating mask and the application of Chocoholic Body Icing on the hands and arms, and a warm foot soak with a scoop of Peppermint Me? Bath Ice Cream. The legs and feet are then exfoliated with a chocolate scrub before hands and feet are dipped in warm paraffin.
• Winter Retreat at The Ritz-Carlton Spa ($400, 4 hours) The ultimate indulgence, this package combines the Peppermint Bliss Massage, the Pear-Fig Polishing Facial, the Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi, and a relaxing spa lunch.
I’ll admit: it’s Friday, it’s the end of the summer, and this girl would love a margarita. The frosty citrus-kissed lovely libation was made for sunny afternoons. With only weeks left to enjoy the summer, help your clients embrace what’s left and surprise them with this south-of-the-border inspired treat.
The Margarita Key Lime Pedicure ($115, 75 minutes) at Little Palm Key Resort’s SpaTerre is a popular pick. While guests enjoy a salt and lime exfoliation and a nourishing massage with Key Lime Lotion, they are able to kick back with a margarita of their own.
Year-round, guests of The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dallas are able to enjoy Dean’s Margarita Salt Glow ($170, 80 minutes) body treatment. The skin is gently softened with a mix of buffing salts, simulating extracts, and lemon verbena, and then pampered with a 50-minute massage.
Have you come across any cocktail-inspired treatments? Do you have any stories about end-of-summer spa-ing you’d like to share? Feel free to comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.