Posts Tagged ‘Rancho La Puerta’
Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico) is helping its guests navigate their way through its award-winning fitness and spa offerings with a handy new iPhone App, which was developed in conjunction with MacroView Labs. The app acts as a resort guide, a social media hub, and a fitness companion, allowing users to view instructional fitness videos, recipes, photos, news, updates, social networking, and more. Highlights include:
- Activities and Entertainment Directory, which provides access the Ranch’s schedule of speakers, presenters, classes, hikes, movies, games, and more during any week.
- Fitness Videos, Pictures and Descriptions, including exercise, healing, and meditation videos taught by the Ranch’s expert and entertaining instructors.
- People Directory, in which guests can contact reservations, housekeeping, or anyone else at the Ranch instantly.
- Food Directory, where users can browse through mouthwatering recipes, preview Rancho La Puerta’s cooking classes, watch videos from the Ranch’s nutritionist, or check out the latest images from Tres Estrellas, Rancho La Puerta’s 5-acre organic garden.
- Travel Info, which provides everything from travel itinerary FAQs to making the most of your stay.
- My Rancho La Puerta, where users can bookmark a recipe, photo gallery, map, or anything else for later viewing in a custom favorites folder.
- Real Time Weather Updates
- Private Content, where groups can create private, passcode-protected content.
- Be Heard, where users can take a feedback survey or rate content within the app.
- Interactive Maps, including illustrated Ranch map and a satellite GPS map. The illustrated map highlights key locations around Rancho La Puerta. The GPS map allows users to find their exact location or get directions to the Ranch.
- Memories, where users can read about the history of the Ranch, or reconnect with old friends through live Twitter and Facebook pages.
“The Rancho La Puerta app is an entertaining and simple way to engage our audience, encourage past guests to maintain their year-round fitness, and plan their next visit,” says Peter Jensen, Rancho La Puerta’s director of communications. “It is much more than just another hotel or resort app; in a way, it’s like having a Ranch fitness instructor at your beck and call.”
Click here to download the app. An Android version of the application will be launched within a few months.
Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico) is, quite possibly, my favorite place on earth. Whenever I visit, I come home feeling healthy, happy, and rejuvenated. So I was thrilled to be able to spend some time there over the summer during a trip out west to visit spas. I was even more excited to have my mom and dad join me. During our visit, my mom and I tested out the new exercise activities pool, a facility especially designed for low-impact water workouts, partaking in such sessions as the Aqua Plus deep water workout and the Wave Run, a deep-water crosstraining class. My dad and I hiked each morning, particularly enjoying the Garden Breakfast Hike, a four-mile trek to Tres Estrellas, the organic vegetable farm, and La Concina Que Canta, the new culinary center. My dad loves to garden, so he had lots of questions for head gardener Salvador Tinajero. We also took part in classes from the week’s guest lecturers, learning about heart health and self-hypnosis, as well as enjoying wonderful evening musical performances. I also discovered an interest in bird watching after a Bird Walk with resident avian expert Joe Sweeney. And, of course, we took advantage of the amazing fitness classes, the delicious healthy food, the soothing spa treatments, and the elegant accommodations. Once again, I was captivated by The Ranch, which will be celebrating its 70th anniversary in June 2010. To celebrate this historic occasion, we’ll be featuring a Rancho La Puerta retrospective, in which we honor the efforts of Edmond and Deborah Szekely in one of our 2010 issues. Stay tuned!
The Second Annual Green Spa Network Fall Congress will take place from Nov. 1–5 at the historic Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico). There, spa professionals will be presented with techniques and resources to cultivate successful and sustainable spas. Among the featured topics will be learning how to successfully transition spas into sustainable spaces, discovering how to facilitate community and global transformations, and educating spa consumers on how to lead a Lifestyle of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS). Says GSN founding member and board chair Michael Stusser, “GSN members will have an exceptional opportunity for personal renewal while participating in shaping the next chapter of our growing Green Spa Network.” For more details and registration information, visit www.greenspanetwork.org.