Posts Tagged ‘Holiday’
Freshly baked Christmas cookies: check.
Holiday cards hanging from the mantle of my fireplace: check.
Views of a record NYC snowfall outside of my windows: check.
Yes, I’m heading down the right path, but, unfortunately, the holiday ambience stops there. I would love to have a Christmas tree, but there’s just no room in my apartment. I mean, there is really no room—at one point while moving into my tiny studio, I thought that I was going to have to choose between my bed and my couch. (Thanks to some stealthy space-saving friends, I was able to keep both.)
In any case, my saving grace this winter season has been Zents Holiday Candles. These non-toxic, 100 percent vegetable- and soy-wax candles emit the most subtle scents that put me in a holiday state of mind. Even the product descriptions on the website give you a warm, fuzzy feeling—i.e. City Sidewalks, my favorite candle, is supposed to remind you of “luscious fruit-filled cakes [that] sweeten the air as ice skaters clasp mitten-covered hands; berries adorn festive windowsills, while inside bubbling champagne glasses are raised to toast new and old friends.” Sure, without a tree, my apartment may not look like the mecca of merriment, but, with the festive fragrance of Zents, it feels like it is.
Although I have never been a big fan of sweets, the smell of hot chocolate brewing or gingerbread baking conjures up memories from when I was a little girl eagerly waiting for Santa to deliver my toys. Now, thanks to the Holiday Indulgence menu at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Denver, guests can find their own joy in these delectable scents. Available through January 31st, the seasonal menu includes the following sweet treats guaranteed to get any spa-goer in the holiday spirit:
• Gingerbread Cookie Scrub ($100, 45 minutes) This treatment includes an exfoliation with a brown sugar, ginger, and nutmeg scrub that contains the aromas of cinnamon and vanilla to stimulate the senses while smoothing the skin. Guests then rinse off under a Vichy shower before an application of Holiday Spice Body Cream is applied.
• Peppermint Bliss Massage ($125, 65 minutes) More than just a basic massage, this is a deeply therapeutic treatment customized with peppermint aromatherapy.
• Pear-Fig Polishing Facial ($95, 50 minutes; $135 80 minutes) This fruit enzyme-exfoliating facial begins with a cleansing and exfoliation, followed by a face, neck, shoulder, and décolleté massage. A customized mask is then applied, prior to the application of moisturizer.
• Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi ($150, 90 minutes) Hands and feet get quite the treat, beginning with a nail shaping and buffing, an exfoliating mask and the application of Chocoholic Body Icing on the hands and arms, and a warm foot soak with a scoop of Peppermint Me? Bath Ice Cream. The legs and feet are then exfoliated with a chocolate scrub before hands and feet are dipped in warm paraffin.
• Winter Retreat at The Ritz-Carlton Spa ($400, 4 hours) The ultimate indulgence, this package combines the Peppermint Bliss Massage, the Pear-Fig Polishing Facial, the Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi, and a relaxing spa lunch.
Spread holiday cheer and have a chance to win! Thymes is inviting people to share their favorite holiday traditions and is offering them a shot at winning more than $500 in Thymes gifts. Once voters pick their favorite entries, winners will be able to send six of their loved ones a gift, as well as enjoy a treat for themselves. Click here for more information!
“For those who still want to get away for the holidays for leisure or shopping, we are planning to offer some holiday-themed treatments packaged with a great rate at our hotel, the historic Hotel Galvez. As part of this package, we are discounting a holiday-themed treatment of their choice by 15 percent. Our holiday treatments include a “Thank You” Massage Treatment, Autumn Spice Manicure/Pedicure Combo, Christmas Massage, Winter Wonderland Pedicure, Champagne Body Scrub, and Transformational Facial. We know our clients want to treat themselves, but we also understand that everyone appreciates a discount.”—Ruth Walsh, spa director, Spa at the Hotel Galvez (Galveston Island, TX)