Archive for the ‘Packages & Promotions’ Category
Paris has recently seen in influx of hot new spas, among them a fabulous retreat at the Mandarin Oriental, Paris. I recently returned from a weekend trip to visit the spa, and I have nothing but rave reviews. The design is spectacular, the product lines featured are among of my favorites (Aromatherapy Associates and Guerlain), and the treatments I received were divine. Stay tuned for the November issue of American Spa to hear more about my trip.
One thing that made my experience even more relaxing was my flight to and from Paris on OpenSkies, an affordable business class-only airline that offers direct flights between New York and Washington, D.C., and Paris. Though I’m normally plagued by jet-lag on trips to Europe following an unpleasant overnight flight in coach, I felt well-rested, well-fed, and ready to enjoy the city upon arrival following my heavenly flight, which contributed enormously to helping me meet my wellness goals.
Now, American Spa readers can take advantage of a great offer from OpenSkies and save $200 off any roundtrip flight booked from New York or Washington, D.C., to Paris. Use promo code GOPARIS200 in the booking engine on www.flyopenskies.com. (The offer is valid for new bookings only made between now and Nov.15, 2011, for travel between now and Dec. 15, 2011.) Enjoy your flight and be sure not to miss the magnificent new Mandarin spa. Au revoir!
Everyone has a different idea of the ideal vacation. While my perfect vacation includes plenty of pampering and relaxation, others might be longing for romance, culture, or family fun. With this in mind, Uma Ubud, Bali is offering customized packages to fulfill every guest’s unique interests. A lush Balinese paradise, Uma Ubud has created four personalized packages for guests to experience. Whether discovering the village of Ubud, receiving a luxurious spa treatment at the COMO Shambala Retreat, or looking for adventure, all four of these indulgent packages include half-board accommodation, complimentary activities, and excursions. Guests can create their own experience by selecting one activity for a two-night stay, two activities for a three-night stay, or three activities for a four-night stay. Packages include:
Discover Ubud Culture:
- A tour of the Bedugul Mountains and markets
- A variety of activities that include a three hour Ubud tour, a two hour cooking class, and a Kintamani freewheel cycle
Ultimate Ubud Spa Retreat:
- A 60-minute COMO Shambhala Massage
- A 75-minute Purify Facial or 90-minute Deep Tissue Massage
- More spa treatments that will be selected according to the number of nights
Romantic Getaway in the Heart of Bali
- A candlelight dinner for two and one cocktail per person
- Other activities that include a 60-minute Couples COMO Shambhala Massage, a three-hour chauffeured sightseeing tour, and a 60-minute yoga session
Ubud Family Adventure
- An elephant ride for the family at the Ubud Elephant Sanctuary
- With other activities that include a three-hour Ubud tour, a two hour cooking class, a guided birded walk, and white water rafting
In spite of the fact that I am surrounded by a family of sports aficionados, many of whom are based in Kansas City and are die-hard Royals fans, I never really caught the bug. But here’s a sporty activity I can get behind. On Saturday, Sept.17, Massage Envy will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Most People Being Massaged at the same time and place. Massage Envy locations in Missouri, Kansas, and as far away as Virginia and Texas are teaming up with the Kansas City Royals for the event that takes place between 5 and 6 p.m. preceding the 6 p.m. game between the Royals and Chicago White Sox. Organizing the event are Massage Envy and Massage Envy Spa therapists from nine Massage Envy locations in Kansas City, Missouri; and Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Prairie Village, Overland Park, and Olathe, Kansas.
The public is invited to gain 15 minutes of fame by joining in this event and have the opportunity to be included in the Guinness Book of World Records. The wives of Royals pitchers Blake Wood and Sean O’Sullivan are expected to be among the participants. Participants must preregister by purchasing a $25 special event ticket through www.royals.com/massageenvy. The price includes the 10-minute Guinness Book of World Records massage plus a game ticket and a customized yoga mat. A portion of the ticket will benefit the local chapter of The Arthritis Foundation. Massage Envy hopes to reclaim the title previously set in 2009 in Rosslyn, VA. The current record of 263 massages is held in Australia.
“We’re excited about bringing a Guinness World Record back to the United States where it belongs,” says Les Snyder, regional developer for Massage Envy Heartland Inc., “Plus, hundreds of Kansas Citians will have the opportunity to be a part of setting the record and experience the benefits of a massage at the same time. We’re also pleased to have our first opportunity to give support to Massage Envy’s national charity, The Arthritis Foundation.”
Therapists from across the United States are being recruited. For more information on therapist recruitment, go to www.MassageRecord.com.
Looking for a great way to book unexpected empty appointment times at your spa? Take a hint from International Orange (IO) in San Francisco, which just launched IO Stand-by, an offering of discounted last-minute day-of facial and massage appointments made available to clients by phone only. The IO Stand-by program provides clients with exclusive access to same-day deals on IO massage and facial treatments. Bookings are on a first-come, first serve basis as appointments become available. To get on the IO Stand-by list, clients must sign up and complete an online form to select their preferred dates, times, and treatment of choice. Based on their preferences, clients will be contacted by phone only and on their preferred days when there is a match based on availability. Sounds like International Orange is helping clients make the most of their time while helping their own bottom line.
The summer just got a bit hotter with the launch of the “Summer Seduction” package (starting at $450) now being offered at the St. Regis Atlanta. From now through September 30, couples can enjoy a variety of indulgences including luxury accommodations, a $100 food and beverage credit to be redeemed at the Poolside Café & Bar, and an oversized St. Regis resort beach towel to take home. The menu at the Poolside Café & Bar offers such delights as watermelon champagne chilled soup, summer fruit gazpacho, icy adult snow cones, refreshing lemonade, and more. There are additional summer offerings on the menu at the Pool Piazza. To top it off, the hotel also offers relaxing and rejuvenating treatments at the Remède Spa and a state-of-the-art fitness center overlooking the Pool Piazza.
It’s hard to believe that back-to-school season is right around the corner. However, it’ll be here before we know it. That’s why the folks at Spa Mio, located inside the M Resort Spa Casino (Las Vegas), are offering “Extra Credit” to anyone who brings in new school supplies from Aug. 15 through 21 between the hours of 6am and 7pm. Those who earn the extra credit will receive 30 percent off any full-price service. The school supplies will then be donated to the Clark County School District. “With school right around the corner, we thought this would be a great way to help our schools and reward our guests,” says spa manager Kate Wind. “We suggest items like crayons, pens, dry erase markers, pencils, and loose-leaf paper.” What interesting promotions has your spa offered that also benefits the community?
One of the most amazing islands I have visited throughout my travels is hands-down Virgin Gorda in the B.V.I., where I was lucky enough to spend a few glorious days soaking in the serenity at Rosewood Little Dix Bay, a luxury resort located amidst lush foliage on a half-mile crescent-shaped beach. In addition to being totally secluded and relaxed, guests also have the option to be active, thanks to the Wellness Retreats, which first launched this past January and were received with such enthusiasm that they will continue to be offered throughout 2012. Starting at $3,308, these four-night packages include luxury accommodation (and, I can attest to the fact that they are, indeed, luxurious), two yoga classes per day, daily breakfast and dinner, roundtrip airport transfers from Tortola, one massage per person, and a welcome amenity. Guests can choose between the following options in 2012:
Revitalize, Refresh, Renew Yoga (Available Jan. 14-18, Jan. 18-22, June 2-6, June 6-10) Visitors will experience the ancient discipline of yoga while practicing postures while surrounded by the beauty of nature. Johnny Anzalone, a certified instructor of Hatha, Vinyasa and Ashtanga yoga, meditation, Pilates and dance, will lead students through daily classes, which will consist of multi-level yoga, meditation, core strengthening and stretching, and the choreography of asana and alignment. The core work practice will be held throughout the tranquil resort and on secluded beaches.
Frankly Fitness Immersion (Available Apr. 21-25, Apr. 25-29, Nov. 3-7, Nov. 7-11) New York City fitness professional Frank Baptiste has experience working with a variety of clients of all ages and abilities from new mothers to professional athletes. He will help students during three classes each day learn the skills they need to achieve fitness goals and keep them moving both during this program and after they return home. The beachside and poolside workshops including Move Well Morning Workout, Jump Rope Techniques, 21st Century Core Training, and Kettlebell Sessions will have your muscles toned and the calories melting.
Spa and dessert lovers are receiving a sweet treat this summer at The Spa at The Del at the Hotel del Coronado (CA) with the THAT’S S’MORÉ! Package ($445). An ideal way to heat up romance, the package includes side-by-side 50-minute Swedish Massage in a couples’ spa suite; a private beach bonfire complete with champagne, s’mores, and spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean; and a voucher to enjoy wine, cheese, or chocolate at ENO, the hotel’s hip new wine bar. Sounds like a scrumptious way to relax and reconnect.
The July 25th episode of ABC’s reality series ‘The Bachelorette’ was filmed at the Koro Sun Resort in Savusavu, Fiji Islands. The new bachelorette Ashley Hebert, and her lucky date experienced lush Fiji rain forests, beautiful accommodations, a candle lit dinner, and everything else this breathtaking resort has to offer. Now, inspired by the show, the resort is offering its “Passion Under the Palms” package where couples can indulge in luxury and enjoy the beauty of this magical island. The package is made for couples who really want to connect or rekindle romance.
Here is what the package includes:
- 5 nights at the Koro Sun Resort.
- Three daily gourmet meals made with ingredients from the resort’s organic garden and afternoon tea.
- A true Fijian welcome that includes a coconut milk foot soak and leg massage at Rainforest Spa.
- A champagne breakfast in guest’s private villa.
- A private candle lit dinner for two in the rainforest which includes hors de oeuvres and a three course seafood platter.
- The spa’s Ultimate Indulgence treatment which starts off with a relaxing banana leaf body wrap, followed by a couples massage in the rainforest.
- A complimentary ladies sarong.
- A guided snorkeling excursion and a guided waterfall excursion with a visit to a Fijian Village and Kava Ceremony.
- A tour of the J. Hunter Pearl Farm in Savusavu Bay.
- A mouthwatering private beach picnic.
- Turn down service, floating candles in the villa’s plunge pool and delicious desserts on the final night in the resort’s Fantasy Suite.
The package can be purchased through March 31, 2012 for travel from July 18, 2011 to March 31, 2013.
Until recently, I haven’t paid much attention to spa offerings designed to help brides be blissful on their big day. But I got engaged about a month ago, and I will admit—it is a stressful experience. While I’m truly excited about the wedding, planning is becoming rather intense, and I’m watching with dismay as my skin is exhibiting the classic signs of stress-related breakouts. Thankfully, The Woodhouse Day Spa (Multiple Locations) has debuted two packages for brides-to-be that provides them with a month’s worth of options to help them look and feel their best.
RADIANT BRIDE includes:
- The Woodhouse Escape: A sampler of specialized treatments including sea salt body polish, three different kinds of body massage, reflexology, and more. (One month before)
- The Minkyti Facial: A facial that oxygenates, hydrates, rejuvenates, tones, and refines.
- Bridal Shower: Complimentary use of one of The Woodhouse’s relaxing rooms and light refreshments for a shower or bachelorette celebration.
- Aroma Bath Ritual: A heavenly combination of nutritive hydrotherapy and soothing body massage (One week before)
- Brightening Facial: Smoothes, refines, and clarifies the complexion (One week before)
- The Woodhouse Manicure: Features detoxifying exfoliation, hydrating massage, paraffin dip, and jasmine treatment (Day before)
- The Woodhouse Pedicure: An 80-minutes experience that includes a mineral bath, an algae exfoliation, a wild ginger hydrating mask, and volcanic stone massage. (Day before)
- Mineral Makeup Application: Performed the day before the wedding to get you naturally glowing and picture perfect for wedding eve events. (Day Before)
BRIDAL BLISS includes:
- The Woodhouse Escape and the Minkyti Facial (one month before)
- Brightening Facial (one week before)
- Volcanic Stone Massage: Deep relaxation and stress release is brought about by strategic precise placement of the stones (one week before)
- Bridal Shower (see above)
“A day of beauty is a good thing, but a month of beauty is even better,” says Jeni Garrett, founder and CEO of The Woodhouse Day Spa. “We strive to give brides a memorable experience with long lasting health and wellness benefits. Feeling fabulous and looking fabulous are one and the same thing.”
I couldn’t agree more.