Sandpearl Resort was recently awarded Florida’s first LEED Silver Certification for a resort or hotel based on its green design and construction features, which positively impact the resort itself as well as the broader community. The resort’s goal to preserve Clearwater Beach and promote health and wellness for its guests is present on every level, including its luxury spa treatments and products.
Inspired by the ocean, Sandpearl’s spa treatments can be enjoyed on the beach itself, and its products are organically based and feature ocean salts and sea vegetation. The spa promotes the overall wellness of guests by offering an extensive list of fun fitness programs, like early morning beach walks, beachside meditation, and even treatments like the Yoga Massage ($200, 80 minutes), which combines yoga postures with touch therapy to encourage flexibility. Sandpearl Resort truly blends in with its environment with minimal impact and is making the most of its breathtaking natural surroundings.
For summer spa-goers in Philadelphia, Rescue Rittenhouse Spa has swooped in to save the season. Through August, guests can choose from four $100 packages:
• Buff & Bronze and Designer Eyebrow
• Massage and Salt or Sugar Scrub
• Classic Rescue Facial and Designer
• Brazilian Bikini Wax and Perfect 10
Manicure and Pedicure
These specials offer guests the perfect opportunity to relax while improving their summer style.
Arizona SpaGirls has put together the SpaBound Summer Passport, a coupon booklet that offers bargains for spa-goers in the Arizona area. The glossy, 88-page booklet includes a free 25-minute treatment at Joya Spa, more than $2,000 in exclusive deals at more than 20 area salons and spas, insider tips, details, and photos. The $45 SpaBound Summer Passport is an inventive and cost-effective way to help Arizona spa aficionados find great deals, discover new spa favorites, and get the rest and relaxation they deserve this summer.
During September 14th-20th on the West Coast and October 12th-18th on the East Coast, hundreds of spas will offer treatments to guests for only $50. For information on spas participating in Spa Week, visit www.spaweek.com.
A recent survey of spas and salons by TheGiftCardCafe.com revealed that 82 percent are making going green a medium or high priority for their business this year. In light of the results, the company also released five tips that spas and salons can consider in their efforts to become more environmentally friendly.
• Say “Yes” to Non-Toxic: Make sure that the products you’re using are the best choices for your spa, and investigate non-toxic options to replace products that might not be the best for the environment.
• Use Organic: They may cost a little bit more, but research has shown that people will pay more for organic products that they will use regularly. Including organic products at your spa can add to the feeling of satisfaction that guests get from their treatments, and this may inspire client loyalty.
• Wash What You Can: Replace disposable products, like paper towels and robes, with washable ones. You can also use a non-toxic detergent that works in cold water, which will save energy.
• Light Up the Atmosphere: Go ahead and switch to environmentally friendly light bulbs. When government regulations take effect within the next few years, your spa will already be in compliance with the new standards.
• Go Paperless: Having client records computerized and moving the gift certificate process online are two things you can do to reduce paper usage in your spa. Making these changes will also reduce printing, packaging, and postage costs for you.
With Father’s Day approaching, many people are looking for good gift ideas that will show Dad how loved and appreciated he is. Instead of giving Dad another tie, coffee mug, or t-shirt, these special spa packages offer something a little more unique that will help fathers relax, unwind, and realize how much they’re appreciated. Here are some of the deals spas are offering in celebration:
• King for a Day ($235) at Blue Water Day Spas (Kensington, MD): This package is one of four being offered by Blue Water Day Spas especially for fathers. With a Swedish Massage, Refining Man Facial, manicure, and pedicure for more than three hours of indulgence, dads will emerge feeling like true royalty.
• Ideal Break for Men ($285) at Red Door Spa (New York City): Designed to give Dad the invaluable gift of rest and relaxation, this package combines a Deep Tissue Massage, Time Saver Facial, and Gentlemen’s Pedicure and Manicure to melt away tension and stress.
• Share the Love ($200) at Skin Deep (Huntington Beach, CA): Men who aren’t parents quite yet still have a special reason to celebrate their first Father’s Day. This package for expecting couples treats both guests to a relaxing Zen Water Experience, followed by a Sports Massage for the father-to-be and a Maternity Massage for the expectant mother.
• It’s a Guy Thing ($275) at Aquanox Spa at Trump International Beach Resort (Sunny Isles Beach, FL): This unique package uses a deep tissue massage to get men relaxed and ready to head to their own private poolside cabana stocked with beer of their choice and a sirloin burger or club sandwich.