Although known for its natural beauty, the quaint town of Woodstock hasn’t always been a haven for spa-goers. Now, spa-goers can revel in the opening of The Spa at Woodstock Inn & Resort at Woodstock Inn & Resort (Woodstock, VT), the first spa to be opened in the resort’s 218-year history. Even more, The Spa at Woodstock Inn & Resort is offering a Grand Opening Package ($278, per night based on double occupancy) that is sure to please even the most cultivated spa-goers. Available from September 6 to December 23 this inclusive package features accommodations in a charming guestroom, $100 credit towards spa treatments, and breakfast for two. Vermont’s beautiful ambience is incorporated into treatments, which are based upon the four seasons and feature local outdoor elements including pumpkin spice, deep forest, vanilla, and berry bliss. Featuring organic cotton linens and locally crafted organic wool blankets, the 10,000-sq.-ft., 10-treatment-room spa is set to use only organic skin care products from Éminence Organic Skin Care, Naturopathica, and Spa Ritual. Spa-goers will experience the best Vermont has to offer at this soothing sanctuary.
Summertime is coming to a close, but spa-goers can extend their quest for relaxation into fall with the return of the Lauderdale Spa Chic promotion. This sizzling special offered from August 15 to September 30 offers spa-goers a chance to score treatments for fifty-percent off at a steal of only $99. This special is offered at premiere spas including The Atlantic Hotel, Spa Escape Harbor Beach Florida, The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, and The Grand Resort & Spa. Even more, participating spas are also offering customized packages sure to beat any spa-goers back to work blues. Packages include:
• Spa Chic Stay at The Atlantic Hotel: Spa-goers can indulge in a decadent day of pampering that includes an Oceanfront guest room, 20% off all spa services, and $100 in spa credits per day ($219 per night, code PKSPA).
• Spa Chic Stay at Spa Escape Harbor Beach Florida at Harbor Beach Marriot Resort & Spa: This sweet special includes deluxe overnight accommodations and a choice of either a Swedish massage or European facial ($329 per night).
• Spa Chic Stay at The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa: Spa-goers who stay for two-nights receive a welcome bag upon arrival, and can choose from either a Diplomat Massage or Spa Designer facial ($229 per person).
• Spa Chic Stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale: This package includes a choice of a tantalizing treatment followed by a night in the city’s only AAA five-diamond hotel ($278).
• Spa Chic Stay at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale: Spa-goers can indulge in the spa’s signature 80-minute Rollersage treatment and relax after with one night’s accommodations ($239).
• Spa Chic Get-a-Way at the Grand Resort & Spa: This package includes a choice of either a three or five night stay, a choice of either a Swedish or deep tissue massage, a customized facial and a bottle of champagne upon arrival. The five-night stay package also includes a body scrub and either an exfoliating manicure or standard pedicure ($587.25, 3 nights, $965.25, 5 nights, code SPACHIC5).
With Arizona temperatures at an all-time high this year, there is no better place for spa-goers to beat the heat than at The Spa at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Scottsdale, AZ). The Spa is offering a summertime service that incorporates the healing properties of the sun through a facial. Using Naturopathica products, the Sanctuary Luxury Facial ($245, 90 minutes) features restorative crystals that have been bathed in the sun and are used to give an invigorating facial massage that enhances circulation, revitalizes and firms skin. To ensure the best possible results, these restorative crystals are set out every full moon to re-energize and clear the stones of any residual energy from past treatments. This is one facial sure to melt spa-goers stress away.
Las Vegas spa-goers can now experience poolside pampering with seasonal specials inspired to restore guests and offer respite from the hot summer sun at Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace and The Spa at Flamingo Las Vegas.
Spa-goers at Qua Baths & Spa can indulge in:
- Tops and Tails ($70, 20 minutes), which features a coconut or mango sugar scrub followed with a hand and foot massage
- Restore ($75, 20 minutes), which is ideal for those seeking a remedy for sunburned skin and incorporates a dilo gel combined with exotic nut oil and pure aloe to cool and regenerate dehydrated skin
- Cabana Massage ($140, 50 minutes), which features a full-body massage using Swedish techniques and Epicurean oil
- Spa-goers short on time can take part in the spa’s Chair/Table Relaxation ($25, 10 minutes) that incorporates therapeutic massage techniques to relieve tension
Spa-goers at the Spa at Flamingo Las Vegas can enjoy poolside pleasures, as well, with services, such as:
- Cabana Classic ($110, 50 minutes), which is a relaxing Swedish massage
- Two-Pair ($220, 50 minutes) allows guests to enjoy their massage next to their partner in a cooled, open-air cabana
- Chill Out ($85, 25 minutes), which is ideal for those looking for an antidote to stiffness, includes a head, neck, and shoulder massage using cooling gels to work tired muscles and dissolve aches and pains.
These new indulgent offerings are sure to make a splash with even the most discerning spa-goers.
While everyone knows that harmful rays can lead to skin cancer, the serenity of spending a day poolside can make even the most adamant SPF appliers forget their safe sunscreen practices. The new skincare concierges at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay and Marina (San Diego) have got these sun lovers covered with complimentary sunscreen applications. This smart service allows guests to enjoy the resort’s hotel pool deck, all three of the pools, and the private cabanas without having to leave early for fear of sunburned skin. Guests who had a little too much fun in the sun can indulge in the skincare concierge’s soothing after-sun treatments that include an application of aloe vera or vitamin E. “When you’re on vacation, it’s easy to forget your sunscreen because you’re out of your daily routine,” said Kyra Johnson, spa director of the hotel’s Blue Marble Spa. “The new service allows our guests to be freely active outdoors and enjoy all that our hotel and San Diego have to offer without the discomfort of a sunburn and compromising overall health.”
Nantucket’s picturesque island beauty, historic architecture, and rich traditions have long lured adventurers from the mainland. Now, thanks to four new Nantucket-inspired spa treatments at The Wauwinet’s Spa by the Sea, this New England isle is even more appealing. Taking inspiration from Nantucket’s quaint cobblestone streets, the Cobblestone Massage ($225, 90 minutes; $155, 60 minutes) uses heated basalt stones combined with essential oils to soothe aches and pains. Sticky seaweed won’t annoy spa-goers when they experience The Atlantic Seaweed Body Wrap ($210, 90 minutes), which uses natural seaweed that is abundant in minerals, vitamins, and enzymes to detoxify and nourish skin. Nantucket’s Salt and Sea Scrub ($155, 60 minutes) will have water lovers in their element with a scrub that incorporates a blend of aromatic sea salts, mineral salts, and essential oils to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and stimulate circulation. Mimicking the soothing experience of gazing at the local lavender fields, The Lavender Crush ($155, 60 minutes) includes an aromatic full-body exfoliation and massage that is sure to melt stress away. Spa-goers might just catch a case of island fever after experiencing these soothing specialties.
Spas and salons with digital demands and desires now have a new reason to smile. Salon Iris Software is giving loyal and new customers alike a chance to score a free computer and monitor though their Great Computer Giveaway. Participants are automatically entered when they purchase a copy of Salon Iris Software between July 1 and Aug. 31. Try your luck before this giveaway gamble ends, and you might just find yourself sitting pretty— in front of your new computer, that is. For further details, visit www.SalonIris.com/computergiveaway.
Fitness fanatics and those seeking to slim down can now experience the shape up secrets of the much acclaimed reality weight loss show, “The Biggest Loser,” for themselves and lose weight alongside former contestants while having fun in the sun. This summer, two of the shows most notable contestants, twin brothers Bill and Jim Germanakos, have teamed up with the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa (Sedona, AZ) to bring participants a weight loss adventure of a lifetime through the Take a Hike program. This three-day weight loss program ($550 per person), which takes place Aug. 19-21, gives participants a chance to lose weight alongside the Germanakos brothers with Red Rock hikes, mountain biking, workouts, nutritional lectures, motivational talks, and social gatherings. The Germanako brothers have always listened to their father George’s advice, “The only way to get something done, is to get it started. Get it started, and you’re on your way!” For guests of Sedona Rouge, this powerful program can help them kick-start their wellness wishes and get on the path to better health.
Brides and grooms getting hitched in the Windy City can now add flawless skin to their wedding wish lists, thanks to The Spa at Trump at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. The spa has created several specialty packages designed to make the bride, groom, and wedding party look and feel stunning. For brides seeking a wedding-day glow The Trump Red Carpet Facial Series customized by renowned celebrity esthetician Kate Somerville is the ideal choice. Potential prettifying treatments include The Ultimate Kate ($1,750, for six 90-minute sessions) to help achieve glowing skin, The DermalQuench ($1,250 for six 90-minute treatments) to calm and hydrate skin with an oxygen treatment, and The Trump Results ($1,110 for six 60-minute treatments) facial series to help maintain a youthful glow. Brides can also choose from packages that include massages, hand and foot treatments, manicures, pedicures, and makeup application to ensure they look and feel perfect on their big day. Grooms who want to glow at the altar have their choice of treatments, including The All About The Groom ($300, 2 hours) package, which begins with a 30-minute massage and goes on to the Men’s Elemental Experience, which combines a body mask, an invigorating scrub, and a massage, or the Essential Groom ($250, 90 minutes) package, which includes an express facial, a 30-minute therapeutic massage, and a classic manicure. Bridesmaids can look their best with their own special Wedding Belles packages (starting at $140 per person) that include a 30-minute back, neck, and shoulder massages; express facials; makeup applications; French manicures; and express pedicures. Picture-perfect wedding photos are virtually guaranteed.
Happy hour has always been a time to unwind and score the best deals on drinks and food. Now spa lovers score a low-priced blissful buzz this summer at Hashani Spa at JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa (Tuscon, AZ). The spa’s new SpaTastic Happy Hour, available through Aug. 31, includes 25-percent discount on services between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday through Friday. It also includes a choice of massages, facials, and manicures, and pedicures offered at exclusive summer rates. Additionally, guests who enjoy a facial during happy hour receive 20 percent off skincare products. This is one hangover-free happy hour where overindulgence is not only permitted, but also encouraged.