Archive for July 14th, 2011
I’ve only been to Cabo once. It was while on a cruise with my dad. Unfortunately, our time there was limited to a single afternoon spent drinking on a pirate ship and snorkeling in the surrounding waters. Someday soon, I hope to return to the popular destination. Other spa-loving travelers might start packing their bags even sooner thanks to the Spa Experience: Peace of Mind Package ($550 per night) at Villa Del Arco. Valid until Dec. 19, the package includes four nights in a one-bedroom ocean view suite, six spa services, a welcome bottle of wine, one romantic bath complete with flowers and aromatic candles, daily spa turn-down service, a handmade beach bag, L’Occitane amenities, daily yoga classes and complimentary use of the Desert Spa facilities, daily breakfast, and more. It’s the perfect way to experience the 31,000-square-foot spa, the largest in Baja California.
My best friend, who is currently 4 months pregnant with her second child, is constantly talking about how rundown and achy she feels this time around. My suggestion to her? Take a mini-getaway to The Spa at The Inn at Bay Harbor in Michigan and indulge in one of its five newly introduced services for moms-to-be. Using products from Mama Mio, expectant women can choose from:
• Yummy Tummy – An omega-rich facial for the tummy that maximizes skin strength, health, and elasticity of the abdomen and includes an upper back, neck, and head massage
• Lighten Up – A mineral-rich foot soak, exfoliation, and massage for the lower legs and feet to help with poor circulation, water retention, and the tiring affects of carrying a baby.
• Mellow Mama – Full body massage using effective pre-natal techniques and omega-rich oils to relieve lower back muscles and pain
• The Smoothie – Rejuvenates and exfoliates skin gently and effectively using Mama Mio’s most moisturizing massage cream to hydrate and elasticize skin and finishes with a soothing scalp massage
• 4th Trimester Healing Hour – A restorative massage that helps the body realign with being one again.
These treatments are sure to relax Mom’s mind until her little bundle of joy arrives. (Plus, after receiving one of these services, I won’t have to listen to my friend complain anymore.)
This summer, The Peninsula Spa by ESPA is offering Manhattanites a sky-high escape from the urban jungle with the re-opening of its outdoor wraparound Sun Terrace. Featuring stunning city skyline views, the 2,700-square-foot open-air space features loungers, dining tables, outdoor spa treatments, and yoga classes. Normally reserved exclusively for hotel guests, New Yorkers can gain access to the Sun Terrace and the Spa’s entire facility by becoming a Summer Fitness Member ($500 per month), booking a mid-week “Spa-cation” package ($285), or reserving a minimum of two hours of treatments Friday through Sunday.
The new Sun Terrace expands upon the chic elegance of The Spa, utilizing rich saffron and russet colored fabrics and teak accent furnishings that complement the subtle hues of gray and brown that forms the environment. Relaxing sun loungers and tables for outdoor dining create a zen environment to enjoy the captivating city views. The Terrace’s amenities include a food and beverage menu complete with cooling fruit smoothies and fresh seasonal dishes. A full-time attendant provides a never-ending supply of sun block, chilled hand towels and bottled water.
For the fitness-minded, complimentary outdoor sunrise yoga classes are held three times per week at 7 a.m. on the Sun Terrace. The Fitness Center’s personal trainers are also available to customize outdoor training sessions so that guests can enjoy the fresh air and city views while engaging in a tough workout.
Sounds to me like the perfect place to enjoy summer in the city. I know where I’ll be spending my weekends!