Archive for June 7th, 2011
A good friend of mine spent last year working as a dive instructor in the Maldives, and he says it was the best time of his life. (He recently returned to his regular job in finance on Wall Street…so he is missing island life terribly.) Although I myself have yet to visit the area, my friend told me how beautiful the island is, how amazing the diving conditions are, and how fantastic the local culture is. Now, adventure-seekers have a chance to experience it in style aboard the Four Seasons Explorer. Returning to the Maldives this July for the summer, the Explorer offers guests these five highlights of the cruise:
• Deep Sea Dive: This offers the opportunity for guests to mingle with manta rays, whale sharks, and other marine life while exploring reefs, thilas, and wreck during he Four Seasons Explorer’s exclusive night dives.
• Customized Cruise: Ideal for those who want to venture out on their own, this option includes a private cruise for up to 22 people and plan a tailored itinerary revolving around their interests, such as surfing, diving, or island hopping.
• Live Among the Locals: For an authentic island experience, vacationers can choose to mingle with Maldivians in local villages and remote towns, including Bodu Huraa, where they can visit mosques and purchase items from native artists.
• Water Adventures: Sea lovers can take their underwater adventures a step further than snorkeling or scuba diving by venturing into more daring water activities, such as wakeboarding…or they can choose to just simply relax by tubing in the crystal clear waters.
• Pop Up Spa: Relaxation-seekers can enjoy treatments inspired by Asia’s ancient healing principles, such as and Indian Herbal Oil Massage or a Sun-Soother Wrap, on many of the ship’s stops on isolated islands.
To find out more about these at-sea adventures, click here. Hope to see you aboard!
With the start of summer, I seem to discover a new-found appreciation for working out. However, the last place I want to be is inside at the gym. This is despite the fact that I’ve always been a class-junkie and have even gone so far as to request rescheduling an editorial meeting so as not to miss my favorite boot camp class. Now, thanks to Well+GoodNYC’s new Summer Wellness Guide, I know where to go to find the best outdoor yoga events, complimentary outdoor fitness classes, outdoor boot camps, summer skincare staples, and more. If you’re in the NYC area or plan to be this summer, check out the guide for some of the great events that make New York City so appealing for wellness enthusiasts.