Archive for January 11th, 2011
I have a weird obsession with calendars, and every January I get so excited to pick out new ones for the year ahead. I need a wall calendar, a schedule book, and a desk calendar at work, as well as my “French Word a Day” calendar and desk calendar for home. In fact, I get so attached to them, I even save them after the year has come to an end. I think it’s something about being able to see on paper the entire year ahead and all the possibilities it holds. Now, I can fill my calendar all the way through to December with a year’s worth of monthly promotions from Raindance Spa at the Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort. Here’s what is being offered in 2011:
• January: New Year–New You ($215, 110 minutes) includes a grapeseed body polish and mud wrap, followed by a 50-minute Raindance Signature Massage.
• February: It Takes Two, Baby ($115 per person. 50 minutes) features a Couples Wellness Massage featuring a choice of four different Tara Spa Therapy essential oil blends, as well as full use of the spa garden complete with soaking pools, hot tubs, and cabanas.
• March: Gemstones are a Girl’s Best Friend! ($150, 80 minutes), which utilizes the healing powers of gemstones and includes chakra balancing, an astrology reading, and a relaxing meditation.
• April: Exfoliate Away Worry ($180, 75 minutes), featuring a gentle exfoliation and a customized massage that introduces the healing benefits of organic essential oils.
• May: Celebrate Your Mom! ($235, 2 ½ hours), which includes
a full-day of pampering and relaxation in the outdoor spa cabana, gardens, and soothing pools, as well as a manicure, a pedicure, and a facial with a neck, shoulder, and arm massage.
• June: Get Your Tan On! ($55, 15 minutes), which offers clients a $20 discount on a Body Bronzing treatment when added to any 50-minute spa treatment on the same day.
•July: Paint Your Toes Red! ($110, 100 minutes), which includes a manicure and pedicure .
• August: Quench: Skin. Cleanse. Spirit (starting at $125, 50 minutes), which includes a facial catered to the guest’s needs, as well as 20 percent off all skincare when purchased on the same day.
• September: The Big Crush ($215, 110 minutes), which offers a grapeseed body polish and mud application, followed by a 50-minute massage.
• October: Retreat Your Feet ($110, 100 minutes), which includes a manicure and pedicure, as well as ample time to relax in the outdoor spa cabana and gardens and soak in the soothing pool.
• November: Say No More Stress ($165, 80 minutes), which includes a soothing hot stone massage.
• December: Wrap Yourself Up ($157, 80 minutes; $217, 110 minutes), which offers a grapeseed rosehip or lavender wrap.
While football fans are rejoicing this season, others, like myself, find it difficult to generate much enthusiasm for the game. While I’ll admit to enjoying a good Super Bowl party, if you were to ask me if the Jets won this past weekend (they did!), I’d more than likely be guessing. However, just because I’m not a true football fan doesn’t mean I don’t love some of the perks. One I’m especially psyched about is the three new treatments The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dallas is introducing in homage to the game. Inspired by next month’s Super Bowl weekend, the spa is offering the Quarterback Sack Sports Wrap ($175, 50 minutes), designed to melt away sore and stiff muscles; The First Down Facial ($165, 50 minutes), a deep-cleansing facial; and The Tight End Body Treatment ($145, 50 minutes), a perfect remedy for cellulite and sagging skin, through February. The spa is also introducing the Rookie Package, which provides a 20 percent saving on Monday-through-Thursday treatments for first-time guests until February 28. Spa Tailgate, in which guests are invited to enjoy pre-game Bloody Marys, game-time beer or bourbon, and a post-game brandy, will be offered on Sundays in January to coincide with major televised sports events. Suddenly, I find myself a bit more enamored with the game.