Archive for November 9th, 2010
Expecting Moms Can Also Expect the Royal Treatment at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun With the Help of Mama Mio
We all hear about the positive side of pregnancy, such as the famous glow, but it is also a physically challenging time for a woman’s body as she goes through all sorts of changes. Luckily, expecting women can get all the comfort they need thanks to the Mama Mio Mama’s Touch menu at Kayanta Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun. Created especially for women in their second and third trimesters and using products from Mama Mio, the treatments include:
• Mellow Mama ($145, 50 minutes), a full-body prenatal massage to help relax muscles and increase circulation
• Lighten Up ($85, 25 minutes), a mineral-rich treatment that includes a foot soak and a lower leg and hand massage to help relieve water retention
• The Smoothie ($185, 80 minutes), a gentle exfoliating treatment, along with a moisturizing massage to hydrate and elasticize the skin
• Free Your Mind ($85, 25 minutes), a gentle face and head massage to help release cranial and jaw tension, as well as a deep neck and shoulder massage
• The Yummy Tummy ($155, 50 minutes), a service that includes the application of a concentrated serum and deep treatment mask on the stomach, as well as upper back, neck, and head massage.
With the onset of fall and the colder weather it brings, I’ve noticed quite a difference in my skin. In desperate need of hydration, it calls out for attention. Unfortunately, despite a closet full of skin-quenching products, I’m somewhat at a loss to get it back on track. That’s when I heard that the Somme Institute, a skincare company known for its proprietary technology, was teaming up with Oscar Blandi, the Naples-born renowned hairstylist, to offer a host of facial treatments at his namesake New York City salon. Last week, I decided to give my skin a break and went to check it out. The Somme Institute is offering three Vitamin Infusion Professional Treatments, all containing Somme’s MDT5 (Molecular Dispersion Technology 5), a compound of five essential vitamins that are highly engineered to penetrate the skin and treat sun damage, discoloration, acne, and fine lines and wrinkles. I experienced The Somme Institute “Miracle” Vitamin Infusion Treatment ($135, 50 minutes), which focuses on the face, neck, décolleté, shoulders, and hands. While you wouldn’t think getting a facial in the midst of a noisy salon would be a relaxing experience, esthetician Michelle Reid had me calm as can be in the cozy cabin in no time. And even more importantly, she had my skin glowing like the picture of good health.