Archive for October 6th, 2010
For years, Universal Companies has supported breast cancer research with its Pink Glove Project by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of boxes of pink vinyl gloves to City of Hope. To date, they’ve raised more than $85,000 for the cause. Now, they hope to bring their message to the masses by adding consumers to the mix. Founder and Chairman Marti Morenings recently offered some suggestions for non-spa uses for the gloves, including:
- Cleaning duties in the home
- All things kitchen, (like the next time you need to chop some jalapenos!)
- Pet grooming or accident cleanup duties
- Light gardening projects
- Car washing
- Kids’ arts and crafts (our small gloves are perfect for children)
- Money handling at garage or bake sales
- Personal use such as applying self-tanning lotion or hair color.
Help Universal spread the word by offering the Pink Gloves in your retail area and providing your clients with tips for incorporating them into their everyday lives. They make great gifts, and if you (or they) purchase five or more boxes, the shipping is free. Just visit www.thepinkglove.com.
As Morenings says,” Together, we can help find a cure for this life-threatening disease.”
For more on the spa, industry’s efforts to support breast cancer research, check out the October issue of American Spa.