For years, I have been a huge fan of Spa Week, the event where spas across the country offer some of their most exclusive services for the discounted price of $50 during the designated week. This year, Spa Week will take place Sept. 13-19th on the West Coast and Oct. 11-17 throughout the rest of the country. To prepare potential spa-goers for the event, executives at Spa Week have compiled a list of the top 12 spa treatment trends for the fall:
1. FIGHTING ALLERGIES: Sinus massages, breathe-easy facials, and other treatments featuring eucalyptus, humidifiers, and lymphatic drainage techniques are a just few of the services being offered to help clients suffering from allergies.
2. BIKINI GLAMOUR: Post-Brazilian waxing rituals are taking center stage, such as vajazzling, vattooing, and airbrush painting.
3. SLEEPING AND DREAMING: Services designed to promote a good night’s sleep, such as stress solution facials, private yoga sessions, and meditation are becoming hugely popular.
4. LASH EXTENSIONS: Techniques that promote eyelash thickness, length, volume, and color are high on the priority list of spa-goers this fall.
5. INSTANT INCH LOSS: Colon hydrotherapy, Ionothermie, and other treatments that give immediate weigh-loss results will be in high demand.
6. REIKI AND ENERGY WORK: The demand for holistic healing and energy work that deliver health benefits ranging from spiritual growth to injury recovery are on the rise.
7. ACUPUNCTURE: For both the face and the body, this technique is recommended for the treatment of more than 40 conditions ranging from anxiety to pain by the World Health Organization.
8. BOTOX ON-THE-GO: Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines hassle-free is at the forefront of many spa-goers’ beauty lists.
9. HOT AND COLD STONE MASSAGES: Instead of using only hot stones for a massage, the application of cold stones will be a popular request, adding multi-dimensional stimulation.
10. CHAMPISSAGE: Also know as Indian Head Massage, this technique is now being interpreted as a custom ritual at many spas.
11. EVERYTHING SEAWEED: Treatments incorporating seaweed and seawater to detoxify the body, eliminate excess fluids, and increase blood circulation will be in more demand than ever.
12. SIMPLY OXYGEN: Spa-goers will be looking for more treatments, such as oxygen facials, that incorporate this life-sustaining molecule.
To find out a complete list of participating spas, visit www.spaweek.com.