Archive for August 31st, 2010
• Losing It and Keeping Fit! This 60-minute DVD features Valerie Bertinelli and celebrity trainer Christopher Ross Lane. It offers a beginner’s routine, a bikini-ready workout, and a bonus abs sculpting segment.
• Tara Stiles Yoga Anywhere: The New York Sessions From tunnels in Central Park to the famous Flatiron Building, Stiles goes on location in The Big Apple while teaching viewers yoga basics, as well as more advanced moves in this 60-minute DVD set to rock music.
• The Pursuit of Happy Hips Featuring routines varying in length from 25 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, this DVD from Canadian yoga instructor Eoin Finn features a series of alignment-based yoga moves for hip and shoulder opening, core strengthening, and breathing and centering practices.
• Exhale: Core Fusion Thighs and Glutes Five 10-minute workouts demonstrated on this DVD by Core Fusion creators Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp focus on lifting your buns, toning your legs, and trimming your waist.
• Black Belt Golf: White Belt Lesson Martial artist, golfer, and certified fitness instructor Ryan White teaches viewers some guided meditations using martial arts to help improve their golf game by helping them warm up, stretch, and increase stamina.
Be sure to check out other fitness tips and trends in our September issue, which you can view digitally here.
Earlier this summer, the American Spa gang and I headed off to Madison Square Garden to groove with Lady Gaga. Although we were somewhat conservatively dressed compared to many of her die-hard groupies, we still managed to get in the spirit. Minneapolis fans of Lady Gaga can now primp for her performance tonight at the Xcel Energy Center with a Gaga-inspired manicure and pedicure at Ivy Spa Club. The manis and pedis feature shades from the nail lacquer collection of celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippman, who collaborated with Lady Gaga in developing a signature color, “Bad Romance,” a black-burgundy glitter. Guests who purchase a manicure and/or pedicure and a Lippmann Collection polish on the same day Lady Gaga is performing in concert will receive a 10 discount off their total purchase. Says Ivy Spa Club owner Pamela Margolis, “With Lady Gaga’s ties to the Lippmann Collection and her upcoming local performances, we are excited about launching Ivy Spa Club’s newest line in a fun way for fans excited to dress up for the concerts.”