Archive for August 12th, 2010
While basically everyone on staff here is obsessed with lash extensions, we’re not so enamored with the time it takes to apply them. And apparently, we’re not the only ones. Responding to requests from her clientele, Courtney Akai, owner of the Courtney Akai Lash Boutique (New York City), recently brought on a massage and nail expert to help clients maximize their time. Now while getting their lashes done, they can also indulge in a manicure or a relaxing hand or foot massage. It’s the perfect way to knock a couple of items off that to-do list in record time.
Women comprise 43 percent of all business travelers, and female road warriors know it can be difficult to look and feel healthy and beautiful while on the road. Enter Debbi K. Kickham’s new book, The Globetrotter’s Get-Gorgeous Guide: Diet and Beauty Secrets of Travel and Beauty Pros, Traveling Executives and Celebrity Travelers. Available soon on Amazon.com and hitting bookstores in November, it’s an insiders guide to looking and feeling frequent flier fabulous. The book features tips on everything from preferred low-calorie foods, exercise, and cosmetics to bargain shopping and overcoming jet lag. Here are just a few examples that you can share with clients and adopt yourself:
- Bring a hot-water bottle. Fill it up on the plane to stay warm and cozy while sailing through the skies.
- Replace your luggage wheels with Rollerblade wheels, which will have your luggage practically rolling itself.
- Carry on your own air purifier to make the atmosphere in hotels more healthy.
- Add vitamin C powder to your water and moisturizer to boost the antioxidant power of both.
- Avoid fatty salad dressings by bringing your own dressing to restaurants.
To create this book, Kickham, a professional travel editor for more that 25 years, interviewed hundreds of travel and beauty professionals about their secrets to looking and feeling great in transit. It’s a great resource for helping you and your clients travel with style while not letting your beauty routine take a vacation.