I consider myself very lucky to not only have a job that I love but to also truly enjoy the people with whom I work. In fact, my co-workers and I probably spend as much time together outside of work as we do during business hours. And because we are an all-female staff, one of the things we love doing together is seeing girly movies. On our most recent outing to see “Sex and The City 2″ (of course), we got very excited by the preview for the upcoming movie “Eat, Pray, Love,” based on the novel by Elizabeth Gilbert. For those who have not read the book, it documents one woman’s journey to discover who she truly is by eating her way through Italy, praying her way through India, and falling in love in Bali. Following that theme, the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts just introduced the Bali, Pray, Love package for two. Available through December 2011, guests can experience their own rebirth with this journey, which includes:
• A personal consultation with Ketut Liyer, the actual Balinese medicine man who served as inspiration for the book, as well as a visit to his home, just as the author did
• A private Balinese cooking class at the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay Cooking School, as well as a private candlelit dinner for two
• A 90-minute Balinese couples’ massage
• A guide to the top 10 most romantic on-island experiences prepared by the resort’s Love Concierge
• All transfers between airports and resorts, a floral bath upon arrival, and daily breakfast for two
The package starts at $3,000 based on double occupancy, which is a little steep for us here at American Spa. Instead, we already set a date for our movie night, where we will live vicariously through Julia Roberts.