Archive for May 12th, 2010
TheBeautyBean.com announced its new “Makeup Free Mondays” movement, which aims to remind women of the importance of real and inner beauty, promote better body image, prevent eating disorders, and encourage conversations about the unrealistic body ideals currently promoted and prevalent in the United States. Women are encouraged to forego applying makeup on Mondays, and also donate unopened, fresh makeup to their local women’s shelter, Dress for Success, or similar women’s program.
“Here at The Beauty Bean, we all obviously have a deep love for our makeup and beauty goods,” says Alexis Wolfer, founder of TheBeautyBean.com. “That being said, we ultimately value inner beauty and wellness considerably more than we do our smudge-free mascara. This Makeup Free Mondays movement is our way of letting women across the country express their support of these commitments in their own lives, in a tangible way while giving back to other women in their communities.”
TheBeautyBean.com’s list of things to do to show your support:
1. Don’t wear makeup on Mondays (or use less for those who need to do this in baby steps).
2. Stop apologizing for not wearing makeup, no matter what day of the week it is.
3. Organize official Makeup Free Mondays at your school, place of employment or with your friends.
4. Encourage conversations about real beauty and better body image within your own families and friendships.
5. Share your photos with TheBeautyBean.com via Facebook and on Twitter @thebeautybean with the hash tag #makeupfreemondays
6. Donate unopened and unexpired makeup to your local women’s shelter, Dress for Success chapter, or similar women’s program. Though TheBeautyBean.com focuses on inner beauty, they know that the confidence a polished look can give is something all women deserve.