As an editor, I am often invited on press trips to various locations all around the world. Often, these events include editors from other publications, allowing me the opportunity to make new friends and enjoy the company of others. But sometimes I am the only one on the trip, so I can explore the spa and resort on my own. Although I certainly like the group trips, the individual trips allow me much needed alone time to relax, reflect, and recharge in solitude.
For spa-goers who long for a break like that, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Boston recently introduced the Flying Solo package. For $555 on weekdays and $525 on weekends, the package includes:
• One night accommodation in a Lifestyle guestroom, which includes amenities such as a yoga mat for practice and a daybed for relaxing
• Choice of a Time Ritual or a Mandarin Oriental Signature Spa Therapy
• A one-hour group Yogalates session with a personal trainer
• A healthy lunch in the spa café
• A Mandarin Oriental Signature Spa bath oil in the evening
For those who would rather share this experience with a loved one, the package is also available for two guests at an additional rate. But I personally am a big proponent of setting some time aside to just focus on me.