Every year, my New Year’s resolution involves some form of trying to live a healthier lifestyle, whether it be exercising more or trying to eat better. This year, I am going to take the advice of Samantha Malone-Telesford, spa director at the newly opened
Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dove Mountain in Marana, AZ. In a recent email I received, Malone-Telesford lists 10 tips for nourishing the spirit through spa-ing. Maybe they will inspire you to set aside some time in your busy schedule in the new year for relaxation, as well.
1. Take a moment each day just for you, wherever you may be.
2. Select a destination spa to visit so you can immerse in total relaxation.
3. Seek indigenous ingredients and products for the ultimate spa immersion.
4. Remember that spa-ing is a complete experience, not just a single treatment.
5. Leave ample time to take a nap after (or even during) a spa experience.
6. Try a spa treatment sampler menu for something new and different.
7. Enhance your relationship with your partner by sharing the spa experience.
8. Surrender to the experience, whether it is 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or longer.
9. Make a promise to yourself to continue the spa experience by developing your own ritual for rejuvenation and stick to it at home and on the road.
10. Keep in mind that wellness is an investment that guarantees great returns…you have nothing to lose but your stress, aches, and pains.