Although I have never been a big fan of sweets, the smell of hot chocolate brewing or gingerbread baking conjures up memories from when I was a little girl eagerly waiting for Santa to deliver my toys. Now, thanks to the Holiday Indulgence menu at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Denver, guests can find their own joy in these delectable scents. Available through January 31st, the seasonal menu includes the following sweet treats guaranteed to get any spa-goer in the holiday spirit:
• Gingerbread Cookie Scrub ($100, 45 minutes) This treatment includes an exfoliation with a brown sugar, ginger, and nutmeg scrub that contains the aromas of cinnamon and vanilla to stimulate the senses while smoothing the skin. Guests then rinse off under a Vichy shower before an application of Holiday Spice Body Cream is applied.
• Peppermint Bliss Massage ($125, 65 minutes) More than just a basic massage, this is a deeply therapeutic treatment customized with peppermint aromatherapy.
• Pear-Fig Polishing Facial ($95, 50 minutes; $135 80 minutes) This fruit enzyme-exfoliating facial begins with a cleansing and exfoliation, followed by a face, neck, shoulder, and décolleté massage. A customized mask is then applied, prior to the application of moisturizer.
• Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi ($150, 90 minutes) Hands and feet get quite the treat, beginning with a nail shaping and buffing, an exfoliating mask and the application of Chocoholic Body Icing on the hands and arms, and a warm foot soak with a scoop of Peppermint Me? Bath Ice Cream. The legs and feet are then exfoliated with a chocolate scrub before hands and feet are dipped in warm paraffin.
• Winter Retreat at The Ritz-Carlton Spa ($400, 4 hours) The ultimate indulgence, this package combines the Peppermint Bliss Massage, the Pear-Fig Polishing Facial, the Hot Chocolate Mani/Pedi, and a relaxing spa lunch.