Archive for November 13th, 2009
Recently, I had the opportunity to attend Spa magazine’s 13th annual Fall Media Event at New York City’s Mandarin Oriental. There, I ran into many of my fellow colleagues from various media outlets, such as Allure, Shape, Redbook, and Travel + Leisure. Like myself, they were there to find out the latest the spa industry has to offer. Here is just some of the news the featured spas and product companies had to share:
- G.M. Collin introduced Bio Organique “Distinguished Organic Skin Care,” a newly launched organic line.
- Mr. Steam introduced the first aromatherapy towel warmer.
- Pevonia Botanica announced that its new Power Repair Spa Vitamins will be available in early 2010.
- Yon-Ka Paris is launching a new treatment that involves the use of fine art paint brushes.
- Mohonk Mountain House introduced its Mini-Triathlon Programs.
- The Spa at Stein Eriksen Lodge will be unveiled December 4.
- The Spa at Trump is opening locations in Waikiki in the coming weeks and in New York City’s Soho in early 2010.
For those on the west coast, Spa magazine’s annual Spring Media Event will be held in Los Angeles in April 2010.
Anyone who has turned on the television lately or opened a celebrity gossip magazine should know that Ivanka Trump recently tied the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony. Since she realized firsthand how much time and energy a bride-to-be spends on planning a wedding, she hosted an upscale bridal event to showcase trends in bridal beauty, fashion, and accessories. My co-worker and fellow bride-to-be, Kara, and I attended the exclusive event last night. While we sipped a glass of champagne, we admired the gorgeous wedding gowns designed by Junko Yoshioka, the sparkling diamond rings and bridal jewelry by the Ivanka Trump Collection, the bridal hair styles by Antoine Brechu, the beautiful flower arrangements by Kenji Takenaka for Noir Hanna, and even indulged in delicious chocolates by 2 Chicks with Chocolate. We also enjoyed chatting with the charming Christopher Drummond, who discussed his all-natural, organic-based makeup line Christopher Drummond Beauty. He advised us that a simple, natural, uncomplicated look is what’s hot in bridal makeup these days. “The trend for bridal makeup right now is soft, classic and radiant, with a touch of sexy,” he says. Kara and I definitely appreciated all the advice and ideas we got to help bring some Trump-style touches to our own upcoming weddings.