Archive for June 23rd, 2009
A recent survey of spas and salons by TheGiftCardCafe.com revealed that 82 percent are making going green a medium or high priority for their business this year. In light of the results, the company also released five tips that spas and salons can consider in their efforts to become more environmentally friendly.
• Say “Yes” to Non-Toxic: Make sure that the products you’re using are the best choices for your spa, and investigate non-toxic options to replace products that might not be the best for the environment.
• Use Organic: They may cost a little bit more, but research has shown that people will pay more for organic products that they will use regularly. Including organic products at your spa can add to the feeling of satisfaction that guests get from their treatments, and this may inspire client loyalty.
• Wash What You Can: Replace disposable products, like paper towels and robes, with washable ones. You can also use a non-toxic detergent that works in cold water, which will save energy.
• Light Up the Atmosphere: Go ahead and switch to environmentally friendly light bulbs. When government regulations take effect within the next few years, your spa will already be in compliance with the new standards.
• Go Paperless: Having client records computerized and moving the gift certificate process online are two things you can do to reduce paper usage in your spa. Making these changes will also reduce printing, packaging, and postage costs for you.
Vendors interested in participating in the upcoming SPATEC education and networking events are eligible for a discount. SPATEC is a 3-day meeting forum of pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings with key decision makers from the major hotel, resort, destination, and day spas in North America. Buyers attend by invitation only and are carefully selected according to various criteria based on number of spas, development plans, budgets, types of vendors needed, and more. Those who register for SPATEC Spring 2010 by June 30 will receive a 10-percent early bird discount, and those who register for both SPATEC Spring 2010 and Fall 2010 will receive a 15% discount on both events. SPATEC Spring 2010 takes place Feb. 25 to 28 at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne (FL), and SPATEC Fall 2010 takes place Sept. 1 to 4 at a yet-to-be determined venue.
Vendors receive the following benefits:
- 3 nights accommodation, meals, and drinks (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners), airport transportation to the resort and back to airport.
- Personalized Meeting Schedule. Each meeting lasts 20 minutes and takes place at the buyer meeting table.
- Full Program of structured networking – Vendor Showcase, Team-Building activity, Seminar and Drinks Receptions.
Visit www.spatecna.com for pricing information and details. Up next is SPATEC Fall 2009, which takes place Sept. 23 to 26 at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas.